“To have a healthy mind we require a healthy body and to have a healthy body, we need a healthy mind.”
A healthy diet is essential for a well-functioning body. Food is the source of energy for all of our body functions. There are a variety of reasons why a healthy diet is important, including disease prevention, maintenance of a healthy weight and the quality of life.
In desire to lose weight, many times we all lack in nutrients. We require synergy in our food, that means we require all nutrients like protein, vitamins, minerals, carbs and good fat together to get optimum health benefits. Each of these nutrients has their own individual role to play in the physical and mental development.
In our busy schedules and fast lives, we often end up eating as per convenience, rather than what is healthy. Many a times, we eat to please our taste buds, but remain unaware about the health hazards of such kind of food.
An immediate effect of the wrong choice of food on our health is excessive weight gain within a short span of time, or obesity. Also problems like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, low weight, weak bones or maybe even slow brain development. It is very important to eat healthy and eat right in order to stay healthy.
Healthy eating does not mean having only boiled meals, eating less, or saying no to fat. Healthy food habits mean nutritious eating, i.e. eating everything in the right amount and right way.
Why Should We Eat Healthy Food?
• What we eat provides all the essential nutrients to our body. This supplies our body with the right amount of energy to do our daily work. And all these nutrients come only from healthy food, and not anything and everything we eat.
• Healthy food is needed to stimulate the growth hormones that will increase our height gradually with age.
• Healthy food is also needed for the functioning of our body cells. All the nutrients we get from healthy food trigger’s cells to actively run and perform their task.
• Healthy food increases the immunity and prevents you from falling sick easily. A strong immunity fights against bacteria and viruses. Diet rich in vitamins and minerals decreases your risk of developing health problems, including heart disease, hypertension, respiratory issues, diabetes and cancer.
• A healthy meal plan without excess calories helps you to not only feel better but can prolong your life.
• It is generally advised to cut out fat from our diet. This is often mistaken as entirely excluding even healthy fats. The unhealthy fats that should not be eaten are called saturated, and trans-fats. Mono unsaturated fats, poly unsaturated fats, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids are very important for our health, just like proteins and vitamins. It is important that we include these in our diet.
• Having nutrient rich low calorie food will help us to loose and maintain a healthy weight.
• Boosts energy: When you eat a balanced diet your body receives the fuel it needs to manage your energy level
• Foods rich in vitamins and minerals, such as fruits, whole grains and vegetables, and also foods rich in omega-3 fats, such as nuts, salmon and other fatty fish lower the risk of depression.
• Foods high in antioxidants can help to improve cognitive functions such as memory, concentration etc…
• Omega-3 fatty acids and magnesium may help reduce cortisol levels, a stress hormone. Eating a protein-rich diet, including fish and dairy, can help replenish protein stores and keep cortisol levels low.
Lee Star 400 Watts Stainless Steel Nutri-Mix (LE-809) with Extra Free Unbreakable long jar
Tips for eating healthy
Adding some healthy eating habits in your routine one by one will help you to get a healthy lifestyle. Here are some tips:
• Stay hydrated. This will help you reduce cravings and feel fuller.
• Don’t skip meals.
• Get active. Just increasing activity a little bit may create a mindset to eat better too.
• Plan some healthier alternatives for your cravings.
• Substitute water for high-calorie, sugary drinks. For example, switch from full-fat to low-fat dairy products.
• Selecting lean meats instead of fatty cuts and whole-wheat grains instead of refined grains, can lower your intake of unhealthy fats and increase your dietary fiber intake.
• Fresh fruits and vegetables contain less sodium than canned, and snacking on fresh, crunchy produce like carrots, apples and cucumber slices is healthier than the fats and salt in chips.
• A healthy diet includes: whole grains, pulses, beans, lean meats, low-fat dairy products, fruit and vegetables, healthy fat.
• Have small frequent meals.
• Have nuts and seeds.
• Have more alkaline food like vegetables and fruits.
Proper nutrition means that you get all the essential nutrients required for healthy functioning of the body through your diet. These essential nutrients can only be obtained in the diet. If your body is in shortage of these nutrients, it can have adverse effects on your overall functioning. The body needs the right amount of nutrients, and this can be only done through the diet.
Also remember that children should be given all types of healthy food because this is the age for physical and mental development.